If you’ve ever used a Ninja Blender, you know that the blades are incredibly sharp. They can easily blend through fruits, vegetables, and ice cubes. However, over time the blades will start to lose their sharpness.
This can make it difficult to blend your ingredients properly and be dangerous. In this blog post, we will discuss 8 simple tips & tricks on sharpening Ninja Blender Blades!
Use Ninja Premium Blades
The innovative and creative blenders from Ninja can be used for nearly every task. From grating cheese to chopping vegetables, these tools give you the confidence that comes with being a pro in your kitchen!
- Use Ninja Premium Blades
- 8 Simple and Easy Steps To Sharpen Ninja Blender Blades
- Step 1: Maintain Safety & Disconnect The Electric Source
- Step 2: Remove The Jar From The Base
- Step 3: Remove the Blade From The Base
- Step 4: Wash the Blade and jug
- Step 5: Sharpen the Blade
- Step 6: Check The Sharpness Of The Blades
- Step 7: Reassemble the Blender
- Step 8: Final Thoughts
- What Should You Do If Your Ninja Blender Blades Become Damaged Or Useless?
- How to sharpen blender blades with salt?
- How to sharpen blender blades?
- How to sharpen Nutribullet blades?
8 Simple and Easy Steps To Sharpen Ninja Blender Blades
We explain to you the best and 8 simple ways to sharpen your ninja and any other blender blades at your home with ease and effortless.
- #Step 1 – Maintain Safety & Disconnect the Electric Source
- #Step 2 – Remove the Jar From The Base
- #Step 3 – Remove the Blade From The Base
- #Step 4 – Wash the Blade and jug.
- #Step 5 – Sharpen the Blade
- #Step 6 – Check the Sharpness of the Blades
- #Step 7 – Reassemble the Blender
- #Step 8 – Final Thoughts
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough ingredient.
- XL CAPACITY: The 72 oz professional blender pitcher is excellent for making frozen drinks and creamy smoothies for the entire family. 64 oz. max liquid capacity
- INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY: Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable power with blades that pulverize and crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables in seconds.
- ICE CRUSHING: Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious resort-style frozen drinks
- RECIPE INSPIRATION: The included recipe guide provides drink and dish making inspiration.
Step 1: Maintain Safety & Disconnect The Electric Source
When you’re starting to sharpen your ninja blades, make sure to unplug the blender first. It’s important to stay safe and wear gloves, so you don’t cut yourself.
Be sure to read all of the instructions for your machine, especially if it is compatible with blender blades and containers. Don’t forget to read the warranty information so that you don’t void it by sharpening your blades.
The most important thing is Safety First before you start.
Step 2: Remove The Jar From The Base
Now, you have to remove the jar from the blender base. For this, hold the jar with one hand and twist off the lid with your other hand.
To remove the blender jar from its base, twist off the lid with one hand and hold the jar with another hand.
Twist it to unscrew it, but if you cannot remove it from your first effort, try again; make sure that no food particle is blocking between them or jamming them together.
Step 3: Remove the Blade From The Base
Now that you’ve done all of those things, it’s time to remove the blade. A jug with blades attached and resting on top will sit at its bottom.
To remove it, twist it counterclockwise. If you have done everything correctly, there should be no need for force when removing them from their housing with one hand!
If nothing happens, repeat the process or give up altogether because there is no going back now.
Next, place your pitcher on top of the blender so that, if conducted correctly, this will prevent any accidents from occurring while in use.
Step 4: Wash the Blade and jug
Now that you’ve removed the blade, it is time to wash all the pieces. Make sure to get all the food particles off the blade and inside the jug.
Cleaning the blade and jug of a blender is easy. All you need to do is soak the toothbrush in white vinegar or soapy water, then scrub until blades become clean before drying on both sides with paper towels.
You can use a dishwasher if you have one at home, but make sure to wash by hand all of the other pieces that come with your blender set.
Step 5: Sharpen the Blade
Now that your blades are clean, it’s time to sharpen them. The best way to do this is by using a sharpening stone.
It would help if you used an appropriate sharpening tool for the material of your blades. If they are ceramic, use a ceramic sharpener. If they are steel, then you need a steel sharpener.
Hold the blade at an angle and then put the sharpening stone on top of the blade for the best results. Then it would help if you moved it around the edges of your blades.
Do this for both sides of the blade, and then check if they are sharp. If they’re not quite as sharp as you’d like them to be, you can do this process again.
If you don’t have a sharpening stone at home, you can also use a honing rod to sharpen the blades.
Step 6: Check The Sharpness Of The Blades
Congratulations! You have just finished sharpening your blades. Now it is time to test the sharpness of your blades.
To check if the blade is sharp, drip a few drops of water on the blade. If the water droplets roll off the blade quickly, then it means that your blade is sharp. If the water droplets sit on top of the blade, then it means that your blade is not sharp.
Your success is assured when you put together every part of a ninja blender and connect it with electricity. Then, fill up the machine so that everything works smoothly, for sharp blades are created!
Step 7: Reassemble the Blender
You did it! You are now ready to make your smoothie with a fresh new blade. Now, all that is left for you to do is clean up and dry off the blade before putting it back in its sheath or scabbard. You’ll need some wet rags or towels to clean and dry the jug and blades.
Put the blender pitcher back onto its base and screw on both pieces again. Once everything has been put away, plug in this entire piece to test our workout. Well done!
Now that you know How To Sharpen Ninja Blender Blades, your mornings will never be the same! Enjoy your fresh, new blade and all the smoothies you can make with it!
Step 8: Final Thoughts
You’ve just read through our helpful guide on how to sharpen a ninja blender blade. Now, it’s time for you to take care of that awesome machine and its blades with these simple tips. If you follow all the steps correctly, your blades will be as sharp as new in no time!
In case of any damage or breakdown of any parts, buy the replacement parts and replace them in your ninja blender. Make your blender usable again like new.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to comment below. We would love to hear from you!
How To Sharpen Ninja Blender Blades: FAQs
What Should You Do If Your Ninja Blender Blades Become Damaged Or Useless?
You don’t need to worry! All models and series of ninja replacement blades are available for purchase on the current market. They’re affordable in price, too.
So don’t miss this opportunity by throwing away an old device that still works well. You can buy replacement parts to make it work like new again.
How to sharpen blender blades with salt?
There are many ways to sharpen a blender blade, but one of the easiest and most effective is salt. All you need are some fresh blades from your local hardware store or home grocery shop!
If there’s not enough space around their edges for easy access, like in this case (where it looks like they were cut off), then try using something hard such as rock crystal instead – make sure it’s big enough so all parts can touch properly while being worked upon.
Place the blade on a flat surface and sprinkle salt over the entire cutting edge. Rub the salt in with your fingers, using circular motions.
How to sharpen blender blades?
- Remove them from your appliance.
- Look at the dull areas.
- Use a sharpening stone, silicon carbide stone, or even rod to sharpen them.
- Make sure you sharpen both sides evenly until they are sharp again.
- Put everything back in its place, and you’re done!
How to sharpen Nutribullet blades?
The easiest way to sharpen a Nutribullet blade is by following these steps:
- First, separate the blades from their container with ease.
- Find where you’re dulling most on each side and run them through either an electric knife sharpener or use one handheld stone.
- Then do exactly what’s opposite for this newly created edge as well!