After breastfeeding your baby for 6 months, it is time to feed the infant with some specific fruit juices. Well, that is why I am here to acknowledge you with the best pomegranate juice recipe for babies.
Mommies and Daddies, you already know the beneficial aspects of fresh pomegranate juice. Well, I know that the idea of Pomegranate for babies feels surreal. But it is a real deal for your child’s growing age. Therefore, you might as well give your little one some pomegranate juice.
When Should I Give My Baby Pomegranate Juice?
According to the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), an infant cannot drink or eat anything other than breastmilk for the first half-year. Thereby, after six months, the baby is capable of intake other drinks or liquid foods.
Now, if you are wondering when can you give your baby pomegranate juice, there is an answer to this. Regarding that, the American Academy of Pediatrics AKA AAP recommends that after 6 months children are to drink fruit juices as well.
Therefore, the most ideal time for your baby to have pomegranate juice is after 6 to 8 months of age.
Well, some parents think that giving the little one some healthy fruits will do the job. But there is an issue, babies will not able to be able to swallow big seeds inside the fruit. Also, they might choke on it, that is why the best option is fruit juice over fruits.
Thus, you can easily feed your little one with healthy fruit juices. Moreover, the baby will not get any trouble chewing or choking.
Doctor’s Advice: Breastfeeding is the exclusive meal for babies under 6 months. In special cases, babies can consume formula milk prescribed by doctors. Do not feed anything else to your underage baby.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Babies or Toddlers
We all know that Pomegranate is a tropical Superfruit providing loads of rich nutrients. A lot of mommies were concerned as to how to give pomegranates to toddlers. Well, the best alternative method is pomegranate juice.
Therefore, pomegranate juice is one of the best ideas to help your child’s growth with essentials.
Moreover, Pomegranate comes with a full package of water-soluble vitamins (A, C, E, B complex). Besides, it is rich in antioxidant components to help with skin disease and fight free radicals.
Further, the consistent amount of essential minerals like Potassium, Iron, Fiber, Folic acid, and other great contents.
Of course, high-quality nutrition and minerals are great to put in your baby’s food diet. So, here are the advantages of pomegranate juice for babies.
Precautions: Do not feed your baby juice late at night. Try to feed him with a small amount of pomegranate juice only in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Moreover, you must watch out for allergic reactions the first few times the baby has juice.
Pomegranate Juice Benefits for Babies
Pomegranate juice for babies comes with tons of benefits necessary for their healthy and sound growth. Hence, I prepared a list of benefits your child will get by drinking pomegranate juice –
- Gets Rid of Inflammation – A child’s body and skin are very delicate and sensitive. As a result, it is very common for babies to contract bacterial or other inflammations. However, drinking pomegranate juice gradually reduces these inflammations as it is rich with Ellagitannin antioxidants.
- Enhances Digestive/Metabolism System – The little ones frequently catch diarrhea, dysentery, and other digestive issues. Well, this happens as their digestive and metabolism systems are weak and delicate. As a matter of the fact, rich nutrients in Pomegranate juice help your child by boosting the metabolism system to resolve all digestive issues. Also, it is a great remedy for gastritis and vomiting.
- Protects from Many Diseases – Regular intake of pomegranate juice helps your child from many diseases by boosting his immunity system.
- Fights Cold, Cough, and Fever – Vitamins (E, C), Minerals (Potassium, Folic Acid, Antivirals), and exceptional antioxidant properties in Pomegranate are quite effective in reducing fever. Therefore, all these promising nutritional properties help to fight and treat your child’s fever, cold, and cough.
- Kills Intestinal Parasites – Intestinal worms or Intestinal Parasite Infection in babies is very common. Well, this condition occurs worms infect the gastro-intestinal area of the baby’s body. Therefore, deworming treatment will heal the parasite-infected within a few days. Regarding that, Pomegranate juice works as natural deworming medicine. Thereby, the anthelmintic treatment properties kill all small and big worms and parasites inside the baby’s intestines.
- Soothes Pain – During teething kids feel so frustrated due to the uncomfortable pain. Well, the antioxidant agents in pomegranate help ease the pain of teething syndrome.
Thus, these are the overall health benefits of pomegranate juice for babies.
Pomegranate Juice Recipe for Babies?
Let us start by gathering the things and ingredients we will require to make pomegranate juice for babies.
Necessary Ingredients and Things
- Half of a medium-sized pomegranate
Steps to Make Pomegranate Juice for Babies
- Cut the ripe and perfect pomegranate into two halves. Now, take out the arils using the easiest method to peel and deseed a pomegranate.
- After that, use a blender to blend the pomegranate seeds.
- Then, get rid of the aril/seeds of pomegranate pulps from the juice with a sieve.
- Afterward, pour the puree and fresh pomegranate juice into a feeder or sipper.
- Lastly, feed the juice to your baby.
Caution: Do not use any ice cubes, extra sugar, or additives in your baby’s pomegranate juice. Simply, feed him/her plain pomegranate juice.
Another Method of How to Give Pomegranate to Toddler – Pomegranate Puree for Babies
If your toddler is already one year older, you can feed him solid foods. Therefore, this situation lets you introduce another way to give pomegranates to your child. Well, it also avails your baby to eat the pomegranate pearls with seeds/arils without any choking hazards.
However, for precautionary measures, I recommend you still give your tiny baby seeds-free pomegranate juice.
Apart from the healthy Pear Pomegranate juice, Pomegranate puree is also great for your child to know about a solid form of new foods. Further, baby-friendly pomegranate puree is allowed to have seeds without any worries.
As your infant is getting to adjust to a new form of food for babies, it is better if you go slow. Also, pomegranate is amazing as his starter food. Further, you should feed only a little portion of food at the beginning. This way his taste will adjust easily and comfortably.
How to Make Pomegranate Puree for Babies? – Recipe with Step & Guidelines
- Take a medium-size pomegranate, deseed it, and pour them into the blender jar.
- Now, add 1 to 8 ounces of water or pomegranate juice to the pomegranate arils.
- Then, blend the mixture of Pomegranate seeds and water into a fine, soft pomegranate pulp. (Add a bit more water or liquid juice for better blending.
- Well, the blending process should be Like this, add 1 TBSP of water or juice to the pomegranate seeds and blend for 15 seconds. Repeat the process till all the arils are blended into a fine mush.
- After that, add a cup of water into the blended mush and still its mixture.
- Now, in medium heat, boil all the mush with a tiny amount of lemon, water, and, sugar. Stir the puree till it turns cold serve it to your baby with some berry garnish.
Pro Tips: You can leave the pomegranate seeds in the juice in case your baby is more than a year old. There will be no possibility of choking while chewing the pomegranate arils.
Things to Avoid When You Give Pomegranate Juice to Babies
As babies know no better about the foods they consume, parents need to take some precautions.
- If your little one is below a year, you cannot feed him pomegranate seeds. Therefore, make sure you only feed the infants seedless pomegranate juice or pomegranate puree as solid foods.
- Never eat or feed the white membrane of the pomegranate skin. Also, do not use the white skin to make juice or puree.
- If your baby is suffering from vomiting or diarrhea, you should only let him drink 4/6 ounces of the juice.
- Well, it is better not to give any pomegranate juice to your child just before bedtime. Besides, you do not want your kid to have dental issues.
- Do not mix the pomegranate as an ingredient with other foods. Also, take notes of your baby’s health and allergic reaction, after you acknowledge him with pomegranate juice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Is pomegranate juice good for 9 months baby?
Yes, of course, a fresh glass of pomegranate juice comes with varieties of healthy nutritional values.
Question: Can we give Pomegranate juice to 4 months old baby?
No, you need to wait for your baby to turn a least 6 months old. after that, you can feed pomegranate fruit juices to your baby at ease.
Question: Is pomegranate juice good for babies?
Pomegranate juice is very good for babies’ health and growth. Moreover, the high-quality nutrients and antioxidants help boost digestion, metabolism, and other bodily systems.
Question: Can newborn babies drink pomegranate juice?
A newborn child can only consume the mother’s breastmilk without any side effects. Therefore, do not give pomegranate juice to a newborn infant, not even water.
You already know that the pomegranate juice recipe for babies is just plain pomegranate juice. However, even this plain superfruit juice is full of nutritional values and benefits.
Further, it is one of the easiest and simplest ways to ensure a sound diet for your baby. Therefore, you need to make sure you give your infant child is at the right age and gets the appropriate amount of food, and juice. Overdoing or being reckless with his food intake will mar the purpose of his diet plan.
Lastly, you must always consult with a pediatrician from time to time to keep the health of your little one in check.