If you go to a restaurant and order something, it has a more than 50 percent chance that something on that dish has garlic. Garlic is one of the most common vegetables that you can find on the market.
It has effective antibiotics which help develop your immune system. Some people also prefer to consume garlic-like juice. You should know how to make garlic juice at home to get the total nutrition values for the vegetable.
Garlic helps ward off cold, and the antioxidants help to protect your cells and detox toxins from your body. Moreover, it also stimulates a healthy appetite, lowers cholesterol levels in your blood, and is also effective for asthma patients.
Consuming raw garlic is not everyone’s cup of tea, so we came up with a solution to acknowledge how to make garlic juice at home to get the full benefits of the vegetable and your favorite style.
Why should you Drink Garlic Juice?
Garlic juice benefits you in many ways, like protecting your cell, stimulating a healthy appetite, lowering cholesterol levels, and being great for cold and asthma. Organic garlic juices which we make at home are natural remedies for our body.
Garlic juice has a particular taste that might not be for everyone. That is why most people avoid juicing garlic at home or buying pre-made garlic juice from the store. However, it is very beneficial for your health, and you should try it at least once. Here are some reasons that might give you an overview of the benefits that you get and might change your perception –
- It is a good remedy for heart disease. Moreover, it also prevents chronic disease.
- You can prevent cancer cells from growing.
- It also helps in weight loss.
- Garlic juice improves your cardiovascular health.
- It also helps to treat any infection.
Making Garlic Juice at Home
Making garlic juice at home is a very straightforward process. You do not need any heavy machine or industrial equipment to extract the juice from the clove of garlic. You can easily make it with a simple juicer.
Moreover, to make it even easier for every average joe, we came up with a garlic juice recipe that is both easy and less time-consuming. Here is how to make garlic juice at home –
Peeling the Garlic
- First, take the clove of garlic and place it on the table.
- You can use a knife to give it a simple press or use a garlic peeler.
- If you are using a knife, place the knife on the clove and smack it.
- It will then release the garlic from the thin layer of skin.
Making the Juice
Now that you have your garlic peeled and ready, you will have to know how to juice garlic perfectly.
- First, take your food processor and put the garlic cloves in the machine. The food processor is the easiest way, but you can also try a garlic presser.
- Now puree the cloves at high speed. However, we recommend that you start with a medium speed and then slowly turn up the speed.
- Then continue till you have a thick and creamy liquid with some chunks.
If you use a garlic presser, place the garlic in the presser and use both hands to press the device. It will come out as strings of garlic which later on you can extract the juice. However, the presser is a slower process if you are thinking of making garlic juice.
Extracting the Juice
When you have your puree or the juice, it will have some chunks of garlic. So you will need to know how to extract garlic juice or how to get garlic juice from the puree.
- Get a strainer and put the puree or almost juice on the filter. Please do not get a sieve with big gaps as it will let the chunks through.
- Then put the strainer on a bowl that will have your juice in it after straining.
- Now, using a rubber spatula or something like that, press the garlic gently but thoroughly.
- Continue the process until you are not getting any juice out of the puree.
- You will have your extract in the bowel, and on strainer will be the pulp that you can use on other recipes.
- After straining, you will have to use a coffee filter to get the purest garlic juice that you can get.
- Now pour the extract through the coffee filter to the glass or bowl. Go slow as it will take few seconds for the extract to go through the filter.
- Finally, you will have drinkable garlic juice in your hand.
Alternative Methods of Making Garlic Juice
If you do not wish to go through the process of making fresh garlic juice, then you can choose other ways. You can search online on where to buy garlic juice as it is not that much available on local markets, and only a few manufacturers make the juice.
Another way is to use garlic powder. Although it is more accessible, you will have to put in the powder more than using a raw garlic clove. However, here is how to make garlic juice from garlic powder –
Take a glass of water and put ¼ teaspoon of garlic granules, or you can put garlic powder measuring 1/8 teaspoon. It will be equal to ½ teaspoon of garlic juice that you can make from fresh garlic cloves.
So it is a better choice to make it from raw garlic than garlic powder as you will have to put a lot of powder to make one glass.
Garlic juice is an excellent sedative for any disease such as heart disease and cancer. Moreover, it improves your overall metabolism, reduces cholesterol, and stimulates your blood pressure to keep it regular. One glass of garlic juice in the morning can surely help you with your asthma and clod. So, you should at least try it for a few days and see the results. Moreover, when it comes to how to make garlic juice at home, then you have the option to go through our article.